Sunday, September 11, 2005

Guess Who?

I was doing that for you.
-What am I? Your mother? I don’t need you to take care of me. I want you to do things with me not for me.

Will you just talk to me?
-I’m talking to you.
No. You’re talking at me.

You need to talk to me and tell me how am I supposed to believe in you when you don’t trust me enough to tell me the truth? How do we get past this, if we don’t have each other’s back? But at least I’m here and willing to deal with it, and I don’t know about you. And eventually if you’re gonna quit on me just do it

What more do you want for me? I’ve been here busting my ass to make you happy.

Pride ain’t nothing when it comes to matters of the heart.

If you’re gonna marry one of these women, sometimes it’s gonna hurt like hell. All you can do is admit that you are wrong and know that she’s always right.

Do you love her? Do you want her? Then she’s always right.

You just have to show her what you are made of. Every man gets to choose his destiny. No matter what his father did.

You are not perfect. But that works for me because two perfect peoples in one relationship might be too much. And sometimes you bark and bluff and bluster…but I always see the girl I married 25 years a go. And I only wish I loved her as much as I did back then but I don’t. I love her more.

I could probably find a million reasons why we shouldn’t be together. But you know what? I don’t care.

And cue the magic…

No comments: